Penygroes Memorial Hall - www.penygroeswelfarehall.org.uk
Penygroes village is know the world over for the Apostolic Church which was established there in 1916. There are two Independent Welsh Congregational Chapels namely Mynydd Seion and Penygroes chapel, Calfaria Baptist chapel, Jerusalem Methodist and also an Evangelical church.
The village was also known for its coal production from slant then drift mines and more recently open cast mining, the area was rich in high quality anthracite coal. Since the closure of the deep mine the land is being used for residential development.
The village has a few small shops, a primary school, various nursery groups, a hall and various parks or recreational facilities and other amenities.
The village of Blaenau has a primary school and a pub/brasserie. In the past the area to the south of the village had an opencast mine, the land has now been restored. It is mainly a residential area which runs into Caerbryn.
History of RFC and mining in area: www.blaenau-badgers.com
Caerbryn village is also residential and has a popular village hall used for various functions and courses; there is also a church in the village.
Caerbryn village hall: www.carmarthenshirehalls.org.uk
Gorsddu is another partly residential and partly rural area between Capel Hendre and Penygroes.