The actions in this plan will be reviewed regularly, and reported on every three years in accordance with statutory requirements. Actions resulting from the plan will satisfy the obligations of Section 6 of the Environment Act (2016) and any funding requirements will be taken from existing budgets or grant funding.
- · All contracts renewed by the Council eg Grounds maintenance, flower displays will take the opportunity to enhance biodiversity in the area.
- Encourage local organisations to promote and maintain biodiversity
- Raise public awareness of any project work via the Council website and local press
- Engage with local schools to invite them to create habitats for birds and other wildlife
- Liaise with national organisations eg Natural Resources Wales to ensure pollution of rivers, flooding, fly tipping is actioned. Seek public cooperation in reporting issues early.
- Consider the net benefit of biodiversity when considering planning applications so that any development does cause significant loss of habitats or populations of species.
- Continue with the approved actions already agreed above
The Community Council will look to consider supporting any organisation who wish to promote biodiversity and should contact the Clerk of the Council for more information.
This plan will evolve over the next three years, and will be monitored annually at Full Council.
Llandybie Community Council
29th October 2019
2/12/2020 - plan monitored at Full Council and resolved to continue with the current plan for the next 12 months