The church at Llandybie which is a prominent landmark within the village dates back to the 13th century, with the church clock having been added in 1920 as a War Memorial. There is also Sion, the Welsh Congregational chapel, Gosen, a Methodist chapel and Ebenezer, Apostolic church within the village.
The village has a variety of shops, pubs with or without restaurants, a Michelin listed restaurant and various other cafes and take-away facilities. As well as having a primary school and nursery groups, various other amenities are available such as the Public Memorial Hall (carmarthenshirehalls.org.uk
), various sports and recreational facilities. The Heart of Wales Railway Line runs through the area and there is a station at Llandybie.
On the northern side of Llandybie lies the village of Pentregwenlais which looks down on the now redundant lime works and the remains of some of the many lime kilns in the area, as the area was rich in limestone and coal deposits and the Marlais river which flows through Llandybie together with the railway provided the basis of the industry.
Derwydd village is further north again being a mainly rural location, with Soar Baptist chapel situated in the heart of the country looking towards Carreg Cennen castle on the outskirts of Llandyfan village. It also has a public house - The College situated on the main road from Llandybie to Llandeilo.
Bonllwyn to the southern side of Llandybie is situated on the outskirts of Ammanford town and is mainly a residential area.